Saturday 22 August 2015

Spaghetti

Spaghetti in boiling water!

Friday 21st August 2015

Spaghetti. How do you eat yours? Do you cut it or twirl it? Taking it out of the packet is the first hurdle, as it slides through the fingers and onto the floor! The pan of boiling water ready and just throw it in. I don't, I like to stack it in the pan and watch as the hot water slowly turns these brittle sticks into bendy rubber, twirling them from the bottom. All too soon the hot water has consumed them into a pit of slithering snakes. There's imagery for you! I thought about photographing this action, but the effects of hot steam on my camera ruled it out. I grabbed a handful of Spaghetti, put it in a glass and against a suitable 'steamy kitchen atmosphere' backdrop, took a photograph. Then added a slight twirl effect to capture the moment it begins to bend and drop into the abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment