Sunday 9 August 2015

Dots of colour

Shredded Waste

Sunday 9th August 2015

Happened to be shredding some waste paper today and as the bits collected in the bottom, I noticed that there were all sorts of coloured pieces. Where the paper was thickest, on the bottom and where someone had been using a highlighter pen, the colours came to the fore. The scattered pieces on the top were less colourful, but more defined. I photographed the shredded paper through the metal gauze basket, with flash, allowing just enough depth to show the mesh and detail in the paper (but not too much). I liked the idea of many dots of colour, it reminded me of some of the works of impressionist painters and the more modern spot paintings by Damien Hirst. Screw your eyes up, you'll see what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment