Saturday 29 August 2015

Let there be light

Patterns in Beverley Minster

Saturday 29th August 2015

I went to Beverley today. My wife was at an event, so I decided to have a look around Beverley Minster. As I approached, the bells were ringing out for a newly married couple. When the party had departed, presumably for the reception, I ventured into the Minster. I have visited before, but thought I would have a look around to see what I could photograph. There are beautiful stone carvings, magnificent stained glass windows, yet I was drawn to a pile of metal! It was some form of interlocking structure stacked in a corner. I didn't pay much attention to what they were, it was a combination of the bloom of the metal and the way the light from the stained glass windows was falling on them that really drew my eye, plus the pattern. Sadly, there is always one that does not conform. The black capped one in the middle is the rebel!

No comments:

Post a Comment