Friday 28 August 2015

Hessle Haven

Hessle Haven start of The Yorkshire Wolds Way

Friday 28th October 2015

Had to journey down to Hull today and a visit to B&Q at St. Andrews Dock. On leaving there I decided to pay a visit to Hessle Haven, just on the east side of the Humber Bridge. Here the Fleet Drain empties into the River Humber. It is one of those places that fascinates me. I think it is something to do with the remains of the piers and the feeling that this place was once something more important than an old muddy creek with bits of decaying wood. Barton Haven on the other side of the Humber Bridge is another of those places. Although the industry is no longer there, the name Hessle Haven lives on as the starting point of The Yorkshire Wolds Way. When I took the photograph looking east, it was still sunny with blue sky and fluffy clouds. Behind me coming from the west was heavy rain. It had just started raining when I took the picture, I then had to rush back to the car. I felt that black and white gave the image a more timeless feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment