Friday 18 September 2015

Newgale Sands

Newgale lives up to its name

Monday 14th September 2015

Drove from Oswestry to Aberystwyth then followed the Welsh coast south, stopping off at various places. I knew we would run into heavy rain and gale force winds before the end of the day and it happened at St. David's. We parked to go and look at the Cathedral, only to decide we would get soaked walking the short distance - we moved on. Following the coast road we came to Newgale. Here there was a massive shingle wall between the road and the beach, to protect residents from coastal flooding, there was a surf shop and the car park was almost full. Thinking the sea would be full of surfers, I parked the car in their car park and climbed the shingle wall to have a look. No surfers (they were in the cafe), just two individuals with umbrellas on an otherwise deserted beach; that would be my shot. With camera under my coat, I decided on the composition, before quickly taking the lens cap off and taking the shot. Returning to the car (soaked), my wife said, "Was it worth it"? I thought it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment