Thursday 24 September 2015

Hovingham Hall

Hovingham Hall Bridge

Thursday 24th September 2015

I was determined that today, I would not leave it until the eleventh hour to hurriedly take a picture! I had to go to Thirsk returning at tea-time via Coxwold and Yearsley. As I approached Hovingham, I saw the low sun striking this delightful eighteenth century ornamental bridge in Hovingham Park. I had to take a photograph. Hovingham Hall and the Estate has been in the Worsley family for hundreds of years and was home to Katherine Worsley - The Duchess of Kent. I wanted the bridge as the centre of attention, but I also wanted to show the course of the stream, so I offset the bridge to the left and kept the shadow from trees in the right foreground to balance the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment