Thursday 10 December 2015

Shetland Pony

Shetland Pony Sewerby Hall

Thursday 10th December 2015

Visited Sewerby Hall near Bridlington this afternoon for a walk around the area. The Hall was closed, the zoo was open, but we chose to wander around the grounds. It was very cold with what felt like an icy wind. Part of the grounds near the Hall are given over to a few sheep. deer and Shetland ponies. As soon as we walked towards the enclosure with the Shetland ponies, this one came bounding across to meet us. With a warm coat and bred for harsh climates, today's weather was not a problem for them. I did get the impression that for some reason it was miserable (maybe just having a bad day). I therefore took my photograph with the pony looking down and not at me, with almost a vacant expression, to show what I thought were its inner feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment