Monday 14 December 2015

Returning to harbour

Scallop fishing boat 'Clasina' entering Scarborough harbour

Monday 14th December 2015

Today I was doing my Cleveland Way bit at Hayburn Wyke. We were putting non slip pads onto the large flight of wooden steps (loud cheers from some walkers) north of the Hayburn beck and the waterfall. Important but tedious work, ten screws in each pad and nearly 100 steps! The weather was fine, fairly warm (the midges were about), but gloomy and overcast. By the time I finished there, it was gone three o'clock and nearly dark. I drove into Scarborough and was just going around the Marine Drive, when I caught sight of a large fishing boat, lit up and about to come into the harbour. I parked and ran along the lighthouse pier, just in time to photograph the boat entering the harbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment