Monday 7 December 2015

Humber Bridge

Two sides of the Humber Bridge

Monday 7th December 2015

Had to go to Hull today, so whilst my wife was Christmas shopping, I took an hour out to visit the Humber Bridge. I have not walked over the bridge yet and it is something I keep meaning to do. With just a small amount of time available, I walked part of the way across. We had driven down from Driffield in murk and into sunshine at the bridge. As I climbed the steps onto the bridge, the sun was almost blinding, and yet on the south bank it was murky and foggy. As I neared the first tower, I saw my opportunity for an image. The sun was casting a shadow from the central point of the cable span, dividing my picture in two (the south bank and the north bank) one in sun, the other in mist. It gave me the extra lead-in line that I need for the composition. I just needed a point when there was no vehicle on the bridge and it happened. Click! Within five minutes, the sun had gone completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment