Saturday 19 December 2015

Green Lacewing

Green Lacewing on the window

Saturday 19th December 2015

Sitting at my desk this morning, the window was open as it was so mild. I noticed a green fly on the inside of the window; it had a green body, green wings, long antennae and two bulging eyes. I have seen these flies in the garden before, but not paid too much attention to them. This one was about one centimetre long and kept crawling up the window, stopping then moving on again. I had my camera nearby so took a photograph. Problem was I was unable to get my tripod high enough and it wouldn't stay still long enough. In the end it was a high ISO setting and hand held. Reading up on these insects, I found out that they hibernate in the adult form until spring. With the very mild weather we are having, this one decided spring was here already!

No comments:

Post a Comment