Thursday 31 December 2015

Reflections

Reflections on my last day, Driffield Canal

Thursday 31st December 2015

My last post for the 'Image a day' project today had to feature 'reflections'. Is that me being sad or glad? A bit of both. I achieved what I set out to do, which was to take an image every day for a year, so box ticked. Did I enjoy it? Yes and no: there have been some challenging times, like five minutes to midnight and no image! There have also been quite a few 'wow' moments, when everything has come together to create a stunning image. To be honest, there have been quite a few days when I was going to throw the towel in, as it seemed more like a chore. Perhaps my photography has reflected that on those days? I thank my eldest son for suggesting writing a blog and using Twitter. I'm sure that for those who follow my ramblings, you will know when I was enjoying the experience and when I definitely wasn't!  What now? I will continue taking images. Driffield Photographic Society have a couple of Exhibitions at Sledmere House in 2016, I might print one or two and sell them. One day, I might get around to resuming the photography/art business I had when we lived in Northumberland. Can I just thank all who have followed me on Twitter and indeed those who have found the blog and enjoyed it. Thanks to all those who have left comments either on the blog or Twitter. I wish you all a Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Brian, a fabulous collection of images. Can't wait to see them in competition and representing DPS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I a missing your new pictures. Are you continuing to post pictures you take? Have you got a Flickr or other web site?

    ReplyDelete