Friday 31 July 2015

Three Marbled Whites

Three Marbled White Butterflies (and Hover fly) at Whay Dale

Friday 31st July 2015

It was a fine, sunny, if somewhat cloudy morning. I knew I would be child minding in the afternoon, so took advantage of the morning and went for a walk in Whay Dale. It is Open Access and is on the north east side of the Fimber to Thixendale road about half a mile south of the triangular grass area at Burdale. Whay Dale itself runs roughly north to south and is across the valley. I had a very pleasant walk, there was the odd butterfly flitting around, but as I wandered back down the valley, I came across three Marbled White butterflies on thistle flowers, which to me was unusual. They stayed still just long enough for me to get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment