Monday 6 July 2015

Wagon Train

Gypsy caravans pass through Driffield

Monday 6th July 2015

Out in town shopping, when I heard the clip clop of horses hooves. Looking up the main street in the Beverley direction, I could see a long line of gypsy caravans (ten in total) heading towards me. I guessed they were on their way to Seamer Fair which runs from this Friday through to a week tomorrow. Nearly all had new canvas covers and were nicely painted. It is good that these traditions carry on and Seamer Fair is one of a number of events around the country that gypsies attend annually. There has always been mystery surrounding gypsies and their way of life, but to some, outside the gypsy community, in this high tech age, it is difficult for them to understand. The weather was gloomy when I photographed the convoy turning right towards Bridlington on my mobile phone camera.

1 comment: