Wednesday 22 July 2015

Photogram?

Electricity connectors

Wednesday 22nd July 2015

Saw this complex wiring on a simple wooden electricity pole. I don't know the purpose of all the insulators and 'bits', but it looked interesting. I took a photograph against a plain blue sky and already had plans for the finished image. When I first produced a photographic image of my own at school, we laid keys, safety pins, combs etc. onto a piece of photographic paper and exposed it to light (a photogram). The result was, areas of the paper that received no light were white, those exposed to the light black, so you had outlines of the comb in white etc. Back to the image. In order to make the wires, insulators etc. stand out, I removed the colour, then reversed the image to a black and white negative, I then removed traces of grey, to give it the 'Man Ray' effect. The wooden pole could do with a bit of sanding down!

No comments:

Post a Comment