Wednesday 29 July 2015

Fish Nets

Fishing nets Scarborough

Wednesday 29th July 2015

Went to Scarborough today. In the afternoon we took a walk onto the sea front and after an ice cream at Alonzi's Harbour Bar (I never can pass there without calling in) we ventured onto the pier. There were plenty of boats and activity in the harbour, but the one thing that really drew my attention was the line of fishing net stretching along the back of the pier. I loved the colours of the nets and the snake like appearance. I knew it would make a great shot, but there was one big problem, all the background distractions. These ranged from the fawn coloured concrete, to multi coloured painted surfaces and crab pots at the rear which were vivid blue and yellow. These combined to make the image a mess. I decided to copy the image (using Photoshop) and turn one into high contrast black and white, then with the original colour version in a layer below, 'painted back' the only colours I wanted, that of the nets, so no distracting background.

No comments:

Post a Comment