Sunday 15 February 2015

Tartan Fields

Tartan Field?

Sunday 15th February 2015

Whilst returning home via Kilham on a dreary afternoon, I caught sight of this field on the north side of Kilham village. My first thought, why would the farmer want to make diagonal stripes in his field, on a steep slope with a manure spreader? There must be a logical explanation. The more I thought about it, the more I was confused. Was it a joke? Looking closer, I could see the conventional lines where the corn had been cut and to me it looked like tartan stripes. In colour on an overcast day and taken from a long distance, the image was drab. Turning it black & white and split toning, it still looks drab, but it helps to get across my point that the field has a tartan cover, or am I seeing things? Opticians tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment