Tuesday 24 February 2015

Harpers - a Great Oasis

Harpers Fish & Chip Shop Wetwang

Tuesday 24th February 2015

A day confined to the house through circumstances. I read that my favourite fish and chip shop at Wetwang won first prize in the "Best chippy chips in the North East", I had voted for them, so had an interest. Since arriving in Driffield two years ago, we have made a weekly pilgrimage to Wetwang for their superb fish and chips. Brought up in Scarborough, I have tasted good fish and chips, but these are the best. I decided that I would photograph the shop in honour of their success. It is so popular with visitors to the coast, bikers, shooting parties, lorry drivers and anyone else passing on the A166, that during opening times, it would be almost impossible to get a clear shot of the shop without a vehicle in the frame. So, I chose a night shot just after they had closed. Wetwang was put on the map by Richard Whiteley becoming honorary Mayor and I think Paul Hudson the BBC weather man now has that title. But Wetwang is now Harpers Fish & Chips, my oasis, well done to all the staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment