Friday 20 February 2015

Crocodile or not

Crocodile or not

Friday 20th February 2015

I happened to be in the garage looking for something when I spotted an ordinary crocodile clip. I picked it up, saw the beautiful striation marks along the side and likened them to the scaly skin of a real croc. I decided to photograph it with side lighting to bring out the marks. The more I looked at this inanimate object in the viewfinder, the more it started to come to life! I had managed to show the scaly skin, the hinged jaw, the teeth, the tip of the nose and with a bit of imagination, the eyes at the back of the head. Knowing how these things nip (the clip) if you get your fingers caught, my imagination was running wild. In my black and white macro world I was beginning to get scared. Croc or not, it got me worried!

1 comment:

  1. This is the real essence of 365, seeing and making a stunning picture. Brilliant shot, Brian.

    ReplyDelete