Wednesday 18 February 2015

Sewerby Hall Zoo

Eckie the Eclectus Parrot

Wednesday 18th February 2015

Took two of our grandchildren to Sewerby Hall zoo today near Bridlington. I am in the middle when it comes to zoos. I hate to see lions confined to a small cage and left to pace up and down and go mad. On the other hand, if space is given to the animals and they are well looked after, I don't have a great problem. I found this small zoo about right, no really big animals, no reptile house, just basic animals that children can see at close quarters and appreciate. A very sensible admission price helps for repeat visits. 'Eckie' the parrot is one of the first things visitors encounter and has a cheery "Hello". Fellow photographers would have a field day criticizing my photograph, the bird is really sharp, but no, the wires and the twig have not been 'Photoshopped in'!

No comments:

Post a Comment