Monday 9 February 2015

Pheasant surprise!

A Pheasant surprise

Monday 9th February 2015

I'm beginning to think that the way to do this one image a day is to just go with the flow, taking into account weather, subject matter and my feelings, but have a back up plan if by 23:59 I have forgotten to take one! Although I 'tweet' the images each day, it is sometimes late evening before I get around to updating the blog and 'tweeting'. This sometimes defeats the object of an image a day, perhaps it should be yesterday's image? For a change, I have managed a morning image that can be sent out almost immediately. I was surprised to see four female pheasants in our back garden, roaming around looking for food. We do have the odd one, but four is a record. Now that the pheasant shooting season has finished (1st October to 1st February), these lucky birds are just glad to be alive! It was a frosty morning and this bird stood in the only patch of sunlight and I like to think 'called to me' to say thank you for the welcome feast. I just love the colours on the bird against the dark background and the fantastic contrast with frost, sunlight and shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment