Wednesday 4 March 2015

Wrong track mate!

On the wrong lines

Wednesday 4th March 2015

Had to go to Hull today, so parked near 'The Deep' and wandered around the City centre. It was cold and windy, but sunny. On walking back to our car along the back streets, came across this beautiful cobbled street with the remains of a dock railway running across it. When I saw the car parked on top of the lines, I knew there was a photograph. The afternoon sun was above the car, so I was shooting directly into the sun. I got down to a low level to emphasize the cobbles and the railway lines. It was always going to be high contrast, so I chose black and white. This helped make the cobbles and lines stand out. It also helped me to lose the ugly brick wall behind the car and the continuation of the line. The catch-lights on the car from the sun add to the picture.

1 comment: