Thursday 5 March 2015

Home at last?

Returning to port?

Thursday 5th March 2015

Had to nip through to Scarborough late morning, the weather was very overcast. I had a wander around the sea front and saw a fishing boat approaching the lighthouse pier heading for the harbour. I went onto the fish pier, in time to see the Newhaven (NN) registered boat 'Hahnenkamm' - (yes, that's what I thought) in the inner harbour. I looked it up on the internet, Hahnenkamm is a mountain in Austria near Kitzbuhel famous for skiing and the home port of the boat is Scarborough! What made the picture for me was one of the crew in the bow anticipating a return to dry land? The inner harbour at Scarborough has been brought to life since the marina (in the background) was constructed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment