Friday 20 March 2015

Obscured by clouds

My Pink Floyd moment!

Friday 20th March 2015

It had to be an eclipse photograph today, but the forecast for Driffield was iffy. Would we see it or not? I made my way onto the Wolds towards Langtoft in the hopes that I would eliminate any mist. Arriving just before the maximum eclipse, I set up with my tripod, pointed the camera in the direction of the sun - what sun? Then it appeared, 'obscured by clouds', and that was my Pink Floyd moment! I took a series of images, but the disc of the moon was never going to show. As I stood there taking my photographs, I found myself humming 'Mudmen' a track on the Pink Floyd album - 'Obscured by Clouds' and I can't get it out of my head. The eclipse was a great spectacle, but for me it was a reminder of my favourite group, as if I needed one!  

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you were a Floyd fan too, but should have guessed. We were out walking at North Newbald and grabbed a couple of shots ( one on Flickr) as we went along. The clouds add atmosphere I thought.

    ReplyDelete