Tuesday 24 November 2015

Squirrel sunbathing

Squirrel on nest box

Tuesday 24th November 2015

Confined to the house most of today, well it was raining. I was looking out of our back bedroom window, mid afternoon, when I spotted one of our friendly grey squirrels sitting on top of the bird nesting box at the bottom of the garden. I grabbed my camera and being about thirty metres from the tree, it was long lens on maximum magnification. I also needed a fast shutter speed and high iso as he kept moving about. The sun had just managed to poke through the cloud for a short time. It was quite clear that he was enjoying the first bit of sun for a few days. Within minutes, the sun had gone (so too, the squirrel) and cloud descended again. The big rusty washer is to prevent the woodpecker breaking into the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment