Thursday 26 November 2015

Model aircraft engine

Diesel engine

Thursday 26th November 2015

My neighbour came round a few weeks ago and handed me a box containing two small engines and said,"I thought you might like these, in case you get stuck for something to photograph". Thanks Francis. They were a bit dusty and greasy, so I cleaned them up. Today I decided to photograph one of them, but I didn't know much about them, what they were used for etc. I Googled the name P.A.W. 249 diesel engine (name on the box). The result was model aircraft engines, built at Progress Engineering Works (PAW) in Macclesfield, the firm was founded by Gig Eifflaender in the 1950's and are still being made by the family firm today. Yes, the engine probably has seen a few crash landings, but I still liked the look of it. Lit with one light and a reflector.

No comments:

Post a Comment