Monday 23 November 2015

Sacred Place

Bowl Barrow Garrowby Hill

Monday 23rd November 2015

Lunch time, I was on my way to Thixendale to walk one of the Open Access dry valleys. I turned right at the top of Garrowby heading for Thixendale, when I suddenly encountered one of my 'wow factor' moments. Looking at the burial mound as I always do, I noticed the watery sun above the centre of the mound, with a cloud formation radiating out from it. I stopped on the road and grabbed my camera. I had to under expose the image to maintain the sun and the silhouette of the trees on the mound. I always feel a warm glow when the elements come together naturally on a special place. This has been a special place for over 4000 years from the late neolithic period, when people were buried here. After this, my walk in Court Dale was an anti climax.

1 comment:

  1. We need your photos in DPS competitions! Even if you only put them in external competitions. You are doing fabulous work and to beat the other YCPG clubs your pictures could make the difference between winning and losing.

    ReplyDelete