Sunday 5 April 2015

Sunday final resting place

Respecting the dead

Sunday 5th April 2015

It was a lovely day today - or so I am told. I spent the whole day in the Triton Gallery at Sledmere House manning our photography exhibition. When I emerged near tea-time, I couldn't believe what a glorious day I had missed! I just had to go out with my camera after tea. I half guessed there might be a reasonable sunset, so I set off west and found myself photographing this tumulus (ancient burial mound) complete with Ordnance Survey trig point overlooking Millington and the western edge of the Wolds. The sunset was not that dramatic, but there was enough colour in the sky for me to silhouette the trees and the mound itself and to give the place feeling!

1 comment:

  1. There is a print of this on the table by my pictures at Sledmere but I cloned the trig point out.

    ReplyDelete