Thursday 2 April 2015

Rosie & Jim

Leeds & Liverpool Canal at Skipton

Sunday 29th March 2015

Back again. Well, a few days away and out of contact with the outside world - joy! Still taking the one a day. Sunday, battling rain and high winds and I was alongside the Leeds & Liverpool canal at Skipton. The weather was awful as I wandered around the canal basin which is also the junction of a spur canal to the back of Skipton Castle. Plenty of narrow boats with their chimneys issuing the smell of wood smoke as their crews stayed warm and dry. I had a broad smile as I noticed the names of the two boats 'Rosie' and 'Jim', I remembered watching children's TV many years ago (with my sons - I think!) a programme of that name which featured the adventures of two rag dolls on a narrowboat. I had to take a photograph. It really was the best bit of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment