Sunday 26 April 2015

Light Trails

Blowing bubbles!

Sunday 26th April 2015

Doing my National Park duty at the publicity caravan at Robin Hoods Bay today. I met a very interesting lady by the name of Debbie North http://www.accessthedales.com/ . She has chronic degeneration of the spine and had just completed the Coast to Coast in a very interesting 'Terrain Hopper' electrically powered off road wheelchair http://www.terrainhopper.com/ . Not an easy journey on some of the bridleways, but a great machine. She is raising money to provide one of these, for The Calvert Trust, Outdoor Adventure Centre in Kielder Forest, for people with disabilities. Well done Debbie and good luck raising the money.
My own image for today is an experiment with bubbles! Yes, children's bubbles. Blowing bubbles into the air against a black background and lit by a single light from below. I used a slow shutter speed and captured the trails as some descended, then firing flash to pick out some bubbles. Something I might return to another day, when I buy my Grandson some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment