Wednesday 28 October 2015

Scarborough Spa Express

Steam Locomotive 'Galatea' at Scarborough Station

Wednesday 28th October 2015

Had to go through to Scarborough today. It was very foggy on the tops and murky in Scarborough, then at lunchtime it poured down with rain. I set off back about 4pm and went via the railway station as I was aware that the 'Scarborough Spa Express' steam train was running. It was due out at 5pm so I didn't expect it to be sitting on the end of the train an hour before departure. I would have been in no position to photograph it after 5pm as it would have been dark by then. Well, it might as well have been after 5 as it was very dark, murky and drizzling when I took my shot. The locomotive was highly polished, but someone should have told them to polish the tender as well, to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment