Thursday 11 June 2015

Red Kite on the Wolds

...well, sort of a beige colour

Thursday 11th June 2015

Beautiful sunshine, so I went out early today and into Cinquefoil Brow near Sledmere, again on Access Land. A pleasant dry valley but with electric fences and cattle, not very welcoming! I walked along the valley bottom and then climbed up the northern side to investigate something I could see above the gorse bushes. As I got to the top there was a red kite on a wire, attached to a pole! I have seen quite a few of these on the Wolds, but not up close. Got home and 'Googled' it to find out more. Apparently, they are very effective at 'scaring' pigeons, rooks, crows, geese and gulls and cost £12.99 on Amazon! What is wrong with the old 'scarecrow', have they all retired to Wetwang?

No comments:

Post a Comment