Wednesday 10 June 2015

Hairy monster in the garden!

Pulsatilla Vulgaris (Pasque Flower)

Wednesday 10th June 2015

Walking down our drive, when an odd looking plant caught my eye. I can't say I have ever noticed it before. I consulted the oracle on plant life (my wife). "You probably remember the flower, it has purple petals with a yellow centre, that's the seed heads, you're looking at". There I was looking at some sort of hairy monster, but I could not relate to the flower. "Look at the label" (good idea). Then I remembered. It is one of the first perennials to flower in the garden. It is a beautiful flower, but I had no idea that the seed heads were so hairy and exquisite. It reminded me of a dandelion clock. I took my photographs, stood up and there were loads of hairy 'things' with seed heads attached to my arm. So that's how the plant spreads the seed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment