Wednesday 24 June 2015

Lifeboat launch at Staithes

Launching 'The Moray Dolphin' at Staithes

Wednesday 24th June 2015

Today I was doing my volunteer bit with the Cleveland Way crew, strimming part of the Cleveland Way path at Boulby cliffs. Our meeting point was Cowbar car park on the north side of Staithes. I arrived early with the intention of taking some photographs in Staithes village. No sooner had I got to the bottom of the bank, when I was aware of a man running towards the lifeboat station. Soon more personnel arrived, the doors opened and the tractor pushed the inshore lifeboat (named 'The Moray Dolphin') onto the slipway and into the water. The three man crew (I think one was female) were busy with their drill before the craft launched in the water (as my picture shows). As I stood there taking photographs, I could only admire the professionalism and at the same time, bravery of the crew, heading out into the unknown, to a fishing boat in distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment